Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Saved.

I graduated college on Saturday, December 15, 2007. The following day at church we had a Grammy Award-winning Christian Group sing at my church. In talking with them they offered me a job to handle marketing and booking for them. I was ecstatic! One day out and already a dream job offer! I dream of working in the music industry one day. We exchanged numbers and I have never heard from them even though they told me they were totally serious about their offer.

I hadn't thought about this in a while until tonight. My Dad was logged onto their website. What their website reveals is a huge, ugly, bitter legal battle between this music group and a former member. In addition, I saw on a news update dated December 30, 2007 they signed on with a publicity group to handle what they were considering me for--PR.

They say you can see clearly only from hindsight's view. This door was kept closed to me for a reason. I could have been dragged into this devastating mess of a lawsuit between family and friends and worse yet--among those who bear the name of Christ. But You knew what was going on and I didn't. I was just wondering why they wouldn't call me. They said they were serious. I was all set and ready to move to Nashville. Man, I can't break into this industry for nothing. So many opportunities have not panned out. So many doors being slammed shut in my face! It was enough to make me want to give up on my dreams. But in this situation--with the sudden 20/20 vision I can now see the writing on the wall. This one opportunity was not my end all, be all opportunity. From this situation I can see how God was working because, believe me, I thought He just didn't care about my dreams with all these shut doors and heartache over my pending career. I'll get there someday, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LaDonna, Kim's mom says,
Be assured God is working in the background even when you don't see it!

He promises if you seek Him first He'll give you the desires of your heart. Hang in there. He gave you those dreams.

Love you and are so proud of you!
Mom