Monday, March 10, 2008

Out of the abundance of the heart. . .

This blog doesn't always have to be about my hopeful and beginning career in the world of Public Relations and hopefully soon in the Christian music arena. It's like the separation of church and state. No matter how hard people try to draw the line it usually blurs somewhere. See, when you are passionate about something it is going to come out sooner or later because the Bible says "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."

So what abounds in my heart and thought life to prompt me to speak of? Do you really want to know? I think about my future a lot. I know God has it within His hands but I yearn for it to come to pass. I can't wait to get married, have children, and look back on my life and wonder in amazement the things I achieved.

Something I've been working on all day long and thinking about all day long is Chic Conference. Jenn and I are planning this thing single-handedly and, believe me, I want to rip my hair out over it sometimes. But I love teenage girls. I have a heart and passion for them. God has brought me through so much and preserved my heart from so much that He has called me to reach out to them and minister to them right on their level.

So, what is in abundance of my heart this Monday evening? Here it is for ya, girls:

Girls reveal way too much about themselves on the internet.
MySpace, anyone?
All I have to do is read a survey posted by someone in a bulletin and I know your life story and who you like, your favorite color, your favorite candy, and even the color of your undergarments.

TOO MUCH.

Not just on MySpace--the world around us. Keep some mystery and save the drama for yo' mama, my friends.
Yes, ladies, I am talking to you! You like a boy? Okay. That's cool. So do I (well, a man in my case). But don't let on. Be his friend and be smooth but don't fall all over him. Guys freak out over that kind of stuff.

TRUST ME.

Play hard to get. You're not a dog in heat. Control those urges. Cover up your attributes with some clothing and make him keep his hands where your eyes can see. Keep him guessing. Let him come back to later to find out something else about you instead of all at once. Have some mystery.

It will happen if it's meant to be and if God wills it to be but only in HIS timing (that's God's timing, not when the guy decides he wants you after all). You are not ready for marriage at age 13 so there is no reason to freak out over dating or sex. You are NOT READY FOR IT! Not everyone is doing it.

God has always said simply one word to me for many years and that was "WAIT!" So you know what I did and am still doing? Yep. I am waiting and the V-club is way cool. I recommend the book I Kissed Dating Good-bye by Joshua Harris. God and that book got me through my teens and God alone got me through college and the first few years of my twenties. Date when you're say. . . 23 (like me) and ready (or close to it) for marriage. God's got a plan. In that, I am confident.

I say it all with love, my friends. I know it comes across as attitude but take it from someone who has been there. We will go into this further as Chic Conference in October approaches. I could totally write a book about some of my experiences targeted to teenage girls.

No comments: