Sunday, November 1, 2009

Another Lesson Learned

I have a difficult time making friends and keeping them. I hate small talk and despise shallowness making it hard for me to get through the preliminary getting-to-know-you stages. I have very few people I would consider friends more than acquaintances and my sister and parents are definitely those closest to me. However, I do have a very small number of friends and even fewer I consider close and I have been able to open up and share with. Other than those, I don't generally trust people, especially with knowing details of my life. Once again, I don't like small talk so for me there is nothing to talk about unless it is a deeper, more meaningful topic which is why I am very selective with whom I associate.

Well, I have learned another lesson. I suppose I need to be even more careful in the future. Today 2 close friends are now being moved back to the acquaintance circle. I don't have a best friend. Can I say I really ever had one? Looking back on who I thought was, I can now honestly say no. I wish I had a best friend. Living my life inside this oyster is so lonely.

No comments: