Friday, October 23, 2009

More on Chris Tomlin

I wrote this last night:

Ever since I recently found out 37-year old multi-Dove award-winning Christian artist Chris Tomlin was still single, I have not been able to get the question of "why?!" out of my head. The possibilities (of course he is single because of God's will for his life) of why this good looking, amazing man of God, singer/songwriter/musician who is pushing forty is still single just astounds me and scares me too. 1) Why is he still single? This guy is amazing! I know the reason definitely isn't that there aren't any willing women who are strong in their faith and would be a good wife for him. Didn't you know? Good looking, Christian men of God in the body of Christ are on a major shortage. Yep, there are three women to every one man in the church.

I was watching video footage of him on his website. I wasn't paying much attention to his words as his I was his eyes. Jesus said the eyes are the window to the soul. His ran of deep waters. I've never before seen anyone who had such love in his eyes. It was so intense that though I was watching him on a computer screen I had to turn my gaze from his eyes. It was like he was truly the embodiment of 2 Corinthians 3:18.

If anything, he has given me more hope that to whatever age the Lord makes me remain single there will still be single and amazing men of God around. It also makes me aim even higher with my standards. I want a man that is on the same playing field and the same caliber as greats like Chris Tomlin, Michael W. Smith or Jeremy Camp.

I hope the Lord blesses Chris and his long wait proves to have been well worth it.

2 Corinthians 3:18 (King James Version)
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

No comments: