Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Caged Animals

Tonight I went to the women's meeting at church. Nancy Colby, a local artist who attends our church, spoke about creativity. She said when someone has creativity from God and are being suppressed it is like something within them is missing, crying out to be released. She referenced a new wine skin about to burst when someone is longing to express themselves and do what the were called to do. It was all I could do to keep the tears from coming. She then asked if anyone had a talent. I raised my hand to speak and my mouth opened. The words and sounds that came out of my mouth as tears were pouring shocked me as much as everyone else around me. I have never wanted to work in PR in my life so badly. I don't get it. I am literally feet away from the marketing department yet I am stuck being a secretary elsewhere. It is just not fair!

The meeting ended with me surrounded by tons of women as they prayed for me. Lord knows I need it. I don't know if I can take it anymore or I am going to burst. For now I am a caged animal that only comes alive in my dreams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimberly,
We have to trust that God is working all things out for your good! Don't lose hope! The Lord is looking out for you.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Kim,
what a wonderful and talented young woman you are. God has a mighty plan for your life. Where he has you right now, is where HE wants you to be. God put you there for a reason.

I love what God is doing in your life. I am proud of who you are and I am proud that God has brought you into my life....

Just keep on keepin' on and dont quit...

In Gods Love

Luv ya
cindy